I grew up having loudly colored bedrooms. My first room was a bright green and when we moved I chose to have a deep crimson room. Since I’ve moved out and rented apartments for so many years now, I’ve come to enjoy and appreciate having white walls. The cleanliness and simplicity of them creates a sophisticated look when paired with minimalist decor and furniture pieces. I’m still so excited that Benjamin Moore’s paint color of the year was Simply White! Here are 6 spaces I love seeing painted in Benjamin Moore’s color of the year—and why!
1. The Kitchen: White cabinets are a great way simplify a kitchen and put more emphasis on the beautiful food that’s being cooked or served! In a room where lighting is so important, having simply white cabinetry can open up the space for chefs and foodies alike!
2. The Foyer: When entering a home, the foyer is the first impression. White walls in a foyer can set a simplistic and sophisticated tone for the rest of the house and ease a guest into the subtle hues throughout the home.
3. The Living Room: I love seeing natural materials paired with white walls. This seagrass rug and coffee table creates a relaxed aesthetic that blends with the homes surrounding environment.
4. The Stairwell: In a space where so many windows are located, white walls can emphasize natural lighting. I love this stairwell because it feels so open, unlike most which feel more enclosed like a corridor.
5. The Bathroom: White walls in a bathroom creates a simple and clean aesthetic. I love seeing white in these rooms because not only do they project a sanitary space, but they enhance lighting so that you can better apply your makeup!
6. The Mud Room / Laundry Room: Many laundry rooms and mud rooms are automatically painted white because they are not seen by guests. I prefer white in these rooms, because like the sanitary aesthetic that Simply White projects in bathrooms, it makes the place where you wash your clothes look clean, too!
Images via Home Bunch